B.E.S.T. ONLINE GROUPS FOR TEENS
Bravery, Encouragement, Support, & Togetherness
B.E.S.T. groups are for teens ages 14-17 who are anxious & stressed and could use some peer support.
- Teens are influenced by their peers. Group therapy can be an enriching experience for teens because they can give & receive helpful feedback from people their own age, helping them to work through problems with others instead of alone.
My teen is in individual therapy. Will group therapy replace individual therapy?
- Not necessarily. Group therapy with kids who also are in individual therapy oftentimes is supplemental therapy to help with stuck points in individual work. You or your teen's individual therapist might want your teen to continue to have individual therapy concurrently with group therapy, or you might decide to discontinue individual therapy while your teen is in group. In either case, you, the individual therapist, and the group therapist will collaborate with one another to ensure your teen is receiving adequate services.
- ALSO, your teen does not need an individual therapist in order to participate in group therapy.
What is the make up of the groups?
- Our groups have 4-6 teens at a time.
- We have both same-sex and co-ed groups and your teen will be placed in the group appropriate for her/him.
How many groups sessions will my teen attend?
- The BEST group is an 8-week program, so there will be 8 group sessions.
- Each session is 1 hour
How much does this cost?
- The cost of the program is $325.
- You will pay for the entirety of the program prior to the 1st group session.
What if my teen misses a session? Will I be reimbursed for that session or will my teen get to make up that day?
- There are no reimbursements for missed sessions. BEST group is a program where each session builds upon the previous sessions. You are paying to receive the entirety of the program, not individual parts. Additionally, for this reason, there cannot be make-up sessions.
Who is leading the group?
- Erica L. Daniels is the BEST group therapist. You can read more about her by clicking on our PROVIDERS tab.
What are the steps to enroll my teen?
- Give us a call at 513-268-5828!
- Jessie Stephens, CCP's administrative assistant, will get you & your teen set up with an pre-group, virtual appointment with Erica so that you and Erica can determine if the group is the right fit for your teen.
- At the pre-group appointment, Erica will meet you & your teen, ask questions regarding your teen and counseling goals, review the group process, discuss required forms to be completed before the first group session, and answer your questions.
How do we do online appointments?
- Your teen will need a computer or tablet that has a camera & microphone and can access the Internet. A computer/laptop is preferred because screen size usually is bigger than a tablet; however, if your teen has only a tablet, that is fine.
- Your teen will access the online appointment through a Google Meet link sent by the group therapist every week. For confidentiality purposes, a new link will be sent each week.
- Your teen does not need to have a Google account to access the Google Meet link, but may need to download the Google Meet app if using a tablet.
- You also will receive a "Client Portal" link to set up a portal account with CCP. This portal account is a secure, encrypted account that will have the paperwork for you to sign to begin group, as well as a messaging system you can use to communicate with the group therapist.
BE YOUR BEST SELF.
LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE.